Avocado Egg Salad (A Cool And Delicious Alternative!)
When the days are long, hot, and humid, believe it or not, the last thing I want to do is be over a stove or heat up my kitchen with the oven. But I still want tasty and healthy options to serve to my friends and family.
So what’s a cook to do?
I boil a bunch of eggs to keep handy for just this refreshing, easy, cool, and delicious twist on egg salad. It comes together in a snap and this recipe can handle breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner!
- Pan for boiling eggs
- Medium size bowl
- 4 Hard Boiled Eggs (I boil the water first then lower the eggs into the water and set the timer for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off I take the eggs out and place them in cool water. This yields perfectly hard-boiled eggs without the gray ring or big sulfur smell.)
- 1 ripe Avocado diced
- 1 to 2 tsp. Of Dijon Mustard
- 1 T. Mayonnaise (this is optional and I leave it out at home and don’t miss it!)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Juice from 1/2 a Lemon
- 1 T. Fresh Chopped Chives
- 3 or more big T. of fresh minced herbs of choice such as Dill, Basil, Parsley, Tarragon
Begin with your eggs. Dice or slice and mash with a fork to the desired size, just right for your bite.
Add the avocado and mash together with the eggs until a creamy consistency is achieved with the avocado, mimicking mayonnaise.
Add the Dijon and Mayo if using and stir. Taste before adding your salt and pepper.
Then add the chopped herbs and give the whole thing a stir. Viola! Delicious Egg Salad full of protein and nice fats.
Serve on Leaf Lettuce, Veggie Rounds such as zucchini, cucumber, or of course, a great bread or toast.