Making Vegetarian Mushroom Stroganoff (Delicious!)
*Put a pan with 4 quarts of water on to boil
Medium/ High Heat: Dry Roast, no oil or butter,
• 1 lb Mushrooms, sliced until juices have evaporated and mushrooms have begun to brown, then…
ADD 2 T Olive Oil: 1 Lg. Shallot –minced ( or 1 small onion) sauté until translucent or slightly browned 4-6 min.
ADD 2 cloves Garlic: minced sauté until fragrant 1 min.
*ADD noodles to boiling water
• MAKE space in the center of the Mushroom mixture
• ADD 2 T Butter until melted
• ADD 2 T Flour and cook, stirring in the center for 2 min. (you are cooking the raw taste out of the flour here)
• ADD 2 sprigs of fresh Thyme or ½ tsp. dried thyme
• And a pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
Stir 30 seconds
MIX ½ c White Wine with 1 ½ c stock (veggie, chicken, other)
WHISK liquid into the pan and COOK 4-6 min. and the sauce has thickened.
The alcohol will be all cooked out but the flavor of the wine will remain and enhance your stroganoff.
Meanwhile, CHOP fresh Parsley, a nice little handful, to garnish with at the end. (approx. 3 T chopped)
REMOVE Sauce from heat and
• MIX ½ c. Milk of choice with ½ c. Greek Yogurt (I use full fat)
• ADD milk/yogurt mixture to the sauce and stir until creamy and combined.
• Optional – Add 2 Tbsp. cream or nut creamer
• Garnish with fresh parsley and fresh ground pepper.
• Drain Pasta.
Serve Sauce over Pasta and Garnish with more Parsley and a sprinkle of freshly shredded Parmesan or toasted almonds if desired.