Easy Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies (Just Like Home, But Better! – No Butter, No Eggs, and Absolutely Mouthwatering!)
A re-work of an ooey-gooey favorite. Coaching clients sometimes ask me to re-work family favorite recipes because they know I enjoy finding healthier ways to eat yummy food. These cookies are fast, easy, and full of fiber and protein, not to mention chocolate! Think breakfast, snacks, and dessert! No giving up cookies in this kitchen!
This recipe makes the right amount for two people or one, and some to share. Double the recipe, easily, for a family of 3 or more.
We will first mix all of our wet ingredients together, then mix all of our dry ingredients separately. We will combine the two, add the chocolate chips and then drop the dough by teaspoon fulls onto a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
Preheat the oven to 330 degrees f.
Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or oil.
Mix together in a small bowl:
- 3 Tablespoons Avocado Oil (healthy fat without a weird or coconut taste)
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- ⅔ cup Coconut Sugar (lower glycemic index than table sugar or brown sugar) You can sub brown sugar if desired.
In a separate large bowl mix together:
- ½ cup Oat Flour
- ½ cup Almond Meal or Coarsely Ground Almond Flour
- ⅔ cup of Rolled Oats
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
Combine the wet ingredients with the dry
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and blend until just combined.
Now the Chocolate!
- Add ⅓ to ½ cup of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips and combine.
- Drop by spoonful onto greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 330 for 10-12 minutes until golden. (Don’t overbake).
Remove from oven and allow to rest two minutes before removing from baking sheet.
Now dig into some chocolatey goodness! Enjoy!