Refreshing Tropical Quinoa Salad Recipe (Exciting!)
- 3 Green onions, chopped or 1/3 red onion diced
- ½ large sweet orange or yellow bell pepper or 4-6 small sweet orange or yellow peppers
- 2 small carrots grated on the medium side of a grater
- ¾ cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 1 batch of basic quinoa (approx. 3 cups cooked and cooled).
- 1 ½ cup frozen pineapple, canned pineapple in its own juice, drained or fresh pineapple.
- Juice of an orange, pineapple, or lime…try them each and see which is your favorite!
- 1-2 tsp fresh grated ginger ( optional )
- 1-2 Tbsp. Maple syrup, Agave syrup, or sugar depending on your taste.
- Pinch of salt
Dice, grate, and juice in the order given, and add 1st 6 ingredients to a large bowl.
Mix juice, ginger (if using), and sweetener with just a pinch of salt.
Stir all ingredients together in a bowl, add mint leaves as garnish!
Dish it up and take a little trip!
- Rather than the orange, lime, or pineapple juice, add 1/3 cup almond milk mixed with 1-2 T Maple Syrup, Agave Syrup, or sugar.
- You can top this dish with some grilled chicken, fish or tofu, or tempeh.
- Experiment with a variety of nuts and seeds! Pumpkin, sunflower, walnuts, pecans all seem like great candidates!
- Raisins, Dried Cranberries or Mango could be wonderful additions!