How To Make A Tasty Quick Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
We are going to make a dish that is one-half quinoa and one-half other ingredients and then mixed with a dressing.
The other ingredients are going to have a Mediterranean flavor but you can make other variations fairly simply such as Mexican, Italian, or other regional combinations. Your imagination is the limit!
Making The Quinoa
Yields 4 cups of cooked Quinoa
- 1 Cup Quinoa
- 2 Cups of Water
Rinse the quinoa by placing the dry quinoa in a fine sieve strainer and running it under old running water until no more foaming or bubbles occur.
Place rinsed quinoa into a small to medium-sized saucepan.
Add 2 cups of water.
Place pot on the stove and bring to a full boil. The moment the quinoa is boiling, turn the stove down to as low of a simmer as the stove allows.
Place lid on the saucepan and set the timer for 15 minutes. When quinoa is done all water should be absorbed.
Fluff with a fork and let cool.
Turning The Quionoa Into A Delicious Mediteranean Dish
- 1 Cup Large Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Large Chopped Cucumber
- 1 Cup Large Diced Bell Pepper or Sweet Pepper of choice
- 1 Can Chickpeas (drain it)
- ¼ Cup Finely Chopped Red Onion
- ½ Cup Medium-Fine Chopped Parsely
- ¼ Cup Finely Chopped Fresh Dill
- ½ Cup Green, Black, or Kalamata Olive Sliced in Half
- ½ Cup of Crumbled Feta (or more to taste)
- Fresh Cracked Pepper (to taste)
- Greek Dressing
Place cooled cooked quinoa in a large bowl.
Add all of the veggies on top.
Pour dressing over the top, garnish with extra herbs (parsley, dill, etc).