Drunken Berries (Fast Show Stopping Dessert!)
Love an after dinner cocktail?
Why not combine the two into one INCREDIBLY EASY recipe that will stop the show and WOW all your guests?
- Large pretty serving bowl. I like a glass or crystal bowl to show off the berries
- Large serving spoon
- Measuring cup
- Colander for rinsing berries
- 1 Quart of Fresh Blueberries
- 1 Quart of Fresh Raspberries whole or Strawberries halved
- ¼ cup Almond Liqueur like Disaronno Amaretto (See below for a non-alcoholic alternative!)
- 3 T Sugar (more or less to your own taste)
- Whipped cream for serving
- Fresh Mint leaves for garnish
Rinse berries under cool water using a colander and drain.
Add berries to the serving bowl.
Add in the almond liqueur and the sugar. OR the almond syrup
Mix to combine.
Allow to rest in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight.
Spoon into serving-size dessert bowls. Top with decadent whipped cream and a mint sprig. That’s dessert!!
Change it up and make it your own:
Make it non-alcoholic! Create a simple syrup with 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 tsp. almond extract. Heat on the stove or in the microwave, stirring until all sugar has dissolved. Cool and proceed with the recipe!
You can tear up mint leaves and mix them into the berries as well. Just be sure to reserve some pretty leaves for serving time. It looks so special and that little burst of mint tastes amazing as well.
Add citrus zest to the berry mixture
Toast some almonds and add to the top of the whipped cream.
Choose your own adventure! Let me know how your creative side comes out in this dish! I’d love to hear from you!
c. Mindfully Aware Health and The Simply Healthy Kitchen 2022